Domain Services Limited, will not, under any circumstances, tolerate Spam, UBE (Unauthorized Bulk Email), UCE (Unauthorized Commercial Email) or Phishing and will not allow individuals to “hide” behind our services in order to engage in, or to avoid detection from being involved in, these prohibited activities. We have drafted this policy so that every existing and potential Domain Services Limited. customers are on notice as to the steps Domain Services Limited. will take to ensure that its services do not become a vehicle or shield for spammers.
DOMAIN SERVICES LIMITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ITS SERVICES FROM ANY DOMAIN KNOWN TO BE ORIGINATING SPAM AND/OR PHISHING, WITHOUT QUESTION. IF DOMAINS SERVICES LIMITED RECEIVES A COMPLAINT AT email@example.com (OR VIA CERTIFIED OR TRACEABLE COURIER MAIL) THAT A DOMAIN NAME IT HAS REGISTERED ON BEHALF OF A DOMAIN SERVICES LIMITED CUSTOMER IS TRANSMITTING SPAM, PHISHING, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPUTER PROGRAMS.
- Domain Services Limited will investigate the complaint within 48 hours of its receipt.
- If the complaint appears valid, Domain Services Limited may at its sole discretion, within 24 hours of this determination:
- (i) redirect the DNS servers associated with the domain name, thereby deactivating the domain account; and
- (ii) contact, via email, the Domain Services Limited customer on whose behalf Domain Services Limited. registered the domain in question.
WHEN DOMAIN SERVICES LIMITED CONTACTS YOU ABOUT A COMPLAINT REGARDING YOUR DOMAIN NAME:
- You must respond to the email within 72 hours of it being sent. If you do not respond to the email within 72 hours, Domain Services Limited will immediately cancel the domain name that is the subject of the complaint investigation.
- Your email response must be sent to the email address specified by Domain Services Limited.
- In order to protect the identity of the complainant, Domain Services Limited will not forward complaints and/or headers it receives. Domain Services Limited may, when necessary, and at its sole discretion, send an example of a complaint to help identify the mailing in question.
- Your response must specifically answer the complaint. Specific responses include but are not limited to: providing conclusive evidence that the complainant affirmatively “opted in” to receive the mail in question from the domain in question, that no Spam transmission occurred, or an acknowledgement of transmitting Spam and a pledge to cease sending Spam and/or having Spam sent on your behalf.
- If Domain Services Limited, in its sole discretion, considers your response to be inadequate in anyway, Domain Services Limited will immediately cancel the domain name that is the subject of the complaint investigation.
- If Domain Services Limited deactivates your account, and determines, in its sole discretion, that your pledge to discontinue the prohibited practice is legitimate and in good faith, you will be charged a mandatory, non-refundable reactivation fee of $50.00. This reactivation fee must be processed by Domain Services Limited. before it reactivates and redirects the DNS servers associated with the domain name that has been the subject of the complaint investigation.
- If Domain Services Limited receives further complaints regarding the domain name that appear to be valid, Domain Services Limited will immediately cancel the domain name without any notice to you.
DOMAIN SERVICES LIMITED RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AT ANY TIME, AND WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION TO YOU, ANY DOMAIN NAME IT HAS REGISTERED ON YOUR BEHALF, FOR REASONS SET FORTH ABOVE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL REFUNDS BE ISSUED IN THE EVENT DOMAIN SERVICES LIMITED CANCELS A DOMAIN NAME WHICH HAS BEEN REGISTERED ON YOUR BEHALF, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON FOR CANCELLATION.